Tonight, at 6:07p MDT the Moon and Sun occupied the same space in our sky, creating what we know to be the New Moon phase, initiating a NEW cycle of how we embrace, via our Emotional Body, changes to our daily habits, how we deal with our innermost feelings and emotions, listen to our intuition and insights from beyond the beyond.
This New Moon cycle begins just past the middle degrees of Libra – bringing forth the cardinal Air element – hence yet another layer of INITIATING the NEW, aka CHANGE this Moon cycle (which ends November 10th). All Air signs signal increased communication, conversation, relating, socializing, networking – and within Libra this brings those close one-on-one chitchats, getting to know one another for the first time, or deepening that knowledge with an already long-time partner, friend, colleague, or client.
Venus rules this astrological sign we call Libra – the Scales of Justice – overseen by the Goddess of Love, via balance, equality, creating beauty, and harmony. The Shadow side of Libra is sitting on the fence, indecisive and unable to make decisions in the moment. Libra rules PARTNERSHIPS, legalities, what’s fair for the good of all. Physically, Libra rules the lower back, kidneys, adrenal glands, buttocks, and diabetes (sugar imbalance). Therefore, according to my sister, Michaella, a marvelous practitioner of Japanese/TCM acupuncture, Shiatsu, Sotai, Reflexology, Jin Shin Jyutsu to name a few (!!), here is a list of “superfoods” she located on the ‘net this week for keeping our kidneys healthy:
- Green Tea
- Red Grapes
- Nuts – especially Walnuts
- Flaxseed Oil
- Berries – Blue-/Rasp-/Black-, and Black Cherries
- Garlic, and
- My addition: Lots of Water to flush out those toxins!
While the Moon brings our Emotional Body/sacred feminine power energy into the mix, the Sun brings the Active/sacred masculine power energy, Equally so. This is where we always begin at each New Moon phase. Here we are being asked to assess (consciously or not) how we are operating EQUALLY well with our Inner Feminine wisdom AND our Inner Masculine wisdom. This New Moon in Libra is asking us to do this doubly so!
Grounded, centred Sacred Feminine Wisdom brings the following abilities:
- Connection to your Emotional Body – allowing yourself to FEEL those emotions and feelings, walk through them, express them and not escape from nor ignore them.
- Connection with your Intuition – allowing yourself to “know” in the moment, on some level, what your next steps / words / thoughts / deeds are to be – FOR YOU…
- Allowing yourself to RECEIVE – signs, signals, insights and intuitional hits as to what next? where to from here?
- BEing the bowl receiving the water of intuitive and emotional FEELING / KNOWLEDGE…for both men and women, boys and girls!
Grounded, centred Sacred Masculine Wisdom brings the following abilities:
- Connection to your Active Principle – what ACTION do I take, after receiving the signal, sign or insights above? Without the “monkey mind” of the Ego-self editing it, fearing it, etc?
- BEing out in the wide world – bringing your Self with you into relationship with Others, outside of You. Are you BEing seen? Do you see Others? How do you relate?
- Taking Risks – moving beyond the usual boundaries set forth by your Ego-self before this very moment…BE motivated by your Soul self now…
- Connection with your Physical Body via your Spiritual Body – BEing aware that you are an Eternal BEing within a physical plane of existence – here our Soul Self shines through for all the world to see. What are you attracting to yourself? Who are you attracting to yourself?
- And this is true be you male or female – we ALL have BOTH within each of us!
Libra wants equal face-time, your Individual Independent Self with my Individual Independent Self. How well are you showing up as YOU, authentically, really, within relationships, partnerships, friendships, romantic, professional, altruistic, you name it?
As a cardinal sign, Libra demands we Initiate Change in HOW we show up this Moon cycle as Self in relationship with Other(s). Are you the Wallflower? The Warrior? The Tyrant? The Servant? The Lover? The Partner? What archetype describes you? I’ve only listed a few here.
Looking at this New Moon chart, I see two sets of oppositions that will demand we create an AND between them (rather than stay polarized as we have been before now). They are:
- Again, between the planets in Virgo and Pisces: BEing of Service here in the daily world AND beyond our Ego-self’s consciousness – into the Spiritual. I keep pulling Nematona, the Goddess of Sacred Space – reminding me to create ‘space’ and time to BE with my spiritual self (Pisces) AND also do my daily work (Virgo). Venus is now in Virgo, hence our Desire Body to heal the physical body via better food, exercise and consciousness of BEing in a physical body, eh?
- Again, between the planets/Nodes in Aries and Libra: here’s where the Moon/Sun in Libra zero in on “How are we integrating ME (Aries) with WE (Libra)?” Not either / or – we are learning to create an “AND” world since 2012 – how do we BLEND both now? The North Node is still in Libra – the direction our Soul wishes us to head into – the WE of relating beyond the ME! AND at the same time, the South Node in Aries beckons us to heal unresolved issues from our past (this lifetime or past ones) where “It’s all about ME!” to the exclusivity of Others, isn’t working now. None of us is an Island – never were. And part of the WE we are blending is the Divine/Spiritual Self with the EGO Self! Not wholly, because the Soul is taking the lead now, much to the chagrin of our Egos. Ego-self has had its day in the sun (pun intended!) for many many 1,000s of lifetimes. We are now transitioning into allowing our Divine/Spiritual or Soul self to take lead, via Love, Compassion, Patience, Laughter, Peace and Harmony, Forgiveness – to name a few….
The other significant planetary formation of this New Moon chart is the T-square formed with Pluto in Capricorn as apex, and Uranus in Aries in opposition to this New Moon (Moon + Sun) in Libra, both squaring Pluto! Yikes! What does this mean?
- Pluto has been navigating through the cardinal earth sign of Capricorn since January 27, 2008, looking under the carpet of INTEGRITY to see how well our traditional institutions and corporations are doing business these days. How has your ability to create material gain changed in your life since 2008? Easier, more challenging now, or the same? Most of us have seen major changes in our ability to keep jobs, find work, pay the bills and still keep the status quo of what was our life prior to 2008 compared to now. Pluto is now at 13 degrees of Capricorn – check this out in your chart – look back at all the changes that have occurred in this area of your life. Note the changes in some countries in the world being able to sustain their own banks! Hhhhmmm…
- The opposition between Uranus and this New Moon brings an opportunity to create an “AND” world for yourself! How do I allow the inner “free to BE Me” Self AND blend with this emotionally AND actively show up in relationships with Others? Equally? Hhhhmmm… Once we figure out WHERE we need to change within Self to allow the new space to open up, to allow the NEW people to come forth in our lives, aka “what do I need to LET go of as a former daily habit, that was getting in the way before now (and I feared ‘seeing’ or changing before now)” then we find the HOW (active principle) to create something new.
- In so doing, we clear up any stress and strain we’ve been feeling deep inside, re: the Integrity of ALL relationships we have out in the world re: our search for material gain. This translates into KNOWING who I Am and What I Want and Need, from Self. If Self cannot provide, Self asks for Help from Other(s) via cooperation, receiving, relating, working etc. AND by noting the INTEGRITY of Other(s) – we no longer condone power over and greed. This is what Pluto is transforming – the whole world is undergoing a Death, which begins with ME, then my locale, then my state/province, then my country, then the world – do you ‘see’ the ripple effect? Working for or with companies that do business without Integrity – not an option. We the People are now saying “NO!” to un-integral practices re: power, money, major material gain for the wealthy few etc.
- The Key is this: unless I Know Myself (Aries) how can I ask for what I want/need from Other(s) (Libra)? And once I know what I can provide on my own, for Me, and what I know I need assistance with via partnership, relationship, networking etc, THEN I can move forward toward more upward mobility (Capricorn is the Mountain Goat – he plateaus out if not inspired to Initiate New Change in direction!) and therefore material gain.
What is also interesting about this Moon cycle beginning in Libra AND having the Virgo/Pisces planetary oppositions – Virgo sits next to Libra, and Aries sits next to Pisces in the Zodiac Wheel. If we think of these signs as people sitting around a table, Virgo next to Libra sees Pisces and Aries across the table, not so much Libra next to her. Same with Aries next to Pisces – they see Virgo and Libra across the table, but each other, not so much. What am I getting at here?
The planets in Virgo/Pisces right now represent how we are BEing of service out in the world AND beyond this world. The Aries/Libra planets represent how I AM Me AND ME within a WE. Do you ‘see’ how we might ignore the combo here? BEing of Service AND BEing ME within a WE. AND….the better we are able to combine all of this, the better the energy to transform our ability to initiate new change (injecting NEWness into the direction we need to take) within our relationships AND our material gain! They go hand-in-hand right now….I can BE Spiritual AND gain materially at the SAME time! Not either/or!
One more point: both the North Node and Mercury are at 01 degrees of Libra in this New Moon chart – the direction our Soul wishes to navigate into (North Node) that we may not be comfortable with, within PARTNERSHIP and RELATIONSHIP. The WE. Mercury represents our mindset, our mental processes, how we think, learn, communicated etc. Time for a sea change in mindset here folks! WE are not an Island, eh? Solo is no go 100% of the time for now on. Create an “AND” world Within, Without, Above and So Below!
Posted By: Laurie Rae Rezanoff, Intuitive Spiritual Astrologer, Teacher, Writer, Speaker & Facilitator
Photo Credits: Laurie Rae Rezanoff, Thanksgiving 2015 pics in Okotoks, AB Canada