Today’s topic was spurred within me last week to write at some point, as I continued to tie up more pieces of a HUGE Astrology project I’ve been working on since June – delving into the fascinating world of Medical Astrology for a new client, discerning possible issues to what may be getting in the way of her ability to carry a baby to term.
The Endocrine glandular system is key here, with the “Spider’s Web” of interconnection that is very delicate. Any part of this Web of glands that becomes unbalanced can impact the whole Web’s ability to function properly. It’s been quite the research/investigation process for me, being the Virgo Rising personality of processes/physical body health peep that I am + having most of Scorpio in my 3rd House of Communication – delving into the depths of a new topic to the nth degree! I look forward to sharing all the insights and possibilities for further testing to this client soon.
For the rest of you, I want to bring forth a new connection Astrologically, the connection between the Physical Body and your Emotional Body (a subtle body that exists, energetically, beyond the Physical Body). Since 2012, we’ve all undergone HUGE emotional changes Within (consciously or not) due to all the planetary and Nodal transits (North & South Nodes of the Moon) through the Water signs, especially through Scorpio! The last Moon cycle and the current Moon cycle both had the same Water Grand Trine activating our tear ducts and then some, to help us all release any/all deeply buried emotions we’ve been hanging onto that our Emotional Body’s could no longer handle – hence possibly impacting our Physical Bodies.
We’ve also been undergoing the change of CONNECTING MORE with our Emotional Body vs. our Mental Body (another subtle body that exists beyond the Emotional Body). Letting GO of our Ego’s need to BE in control of our forward-moving Soul growth (via the Mental Body or our minds – and we’ve been doing so for many many lifetimes) in order for all of us to finally CONNECT MORE with our feelings, intuition, insights and such Within Self and UP via our Creative Spiritual Higher Self, all at the same time.
This last year or so has seen MORE connections via Pisces (with both Neptune, ruler of Pisces, and Chiron therein) helping us to Dissolve old illusions/tapes (Neptune) we’ve hung onto from the Old Age of Pisces, then Healing these new Energetic Body connections (Chiron) we’re just beginning to get used to, let alone understand. Those of us born within any Water sign (via our Sun, Moon, Rising Sign and/or Midheaven sign) especially, have already led the way of how to do all this, this lifetime. What the other Zodiac signs might call “those sensitive types!”. Guess what? We are ALL moving towards this sensitization – whether you are conscious about it or not.
Children born since March 2011 + people born 50 years prior (January 1961 through to the end of March, 1968) were all born with Chiron in Pisces – some also Rx (retrograde) – which brought forth HUGE hypersensitivity to the pain and suffering of others around them! And the need to understand their Emotional Body’s ability to energetically connect on subtle levels with everyone they meet/live with. Hence their need to BE alone more, to ‘recharge’ their own batteries, as well as having food and environmental sensitivities.
Each of us has our Moon connected to a sign of the Zodiac. To me, after doing this Medical Astrology project, I ‘see’ and intuit that the CONNECTION to our respective Physical Bodies from our Emotional Body comes through that body part/system that is associated by the sign our Moon is in! Very cool. I tested this out with my family this weekend and there were a few AHA! moments that helped them to understand WHY the WHERE in their bodies was being impacted in ways unexplainable until now. Cool! Love love love Astrology’s insights.
For my readers/followers who already KNOW the Zodiac sign your natal Moon is in (from your birth charts/horoscopes) then read on to view how I now correlate this physical connection with the Emotional Body. For those of you who DO NOT know, and want to learn, what sign your Moon is in, please email me at RainbowsAstro “at” shaw.ca and I will check it out for you. I will require your time, date and place of birth to suss it out for you. I offer this free of charge until the Full Moon/Lunar Eclipse September 16, 2016! This is how important I feel it is to KNOW emotionally how you ARE dealing with your emotions/feelings along the way, and at the same time WHERE you may be STORING possible unresolved/unexpressed emotions within your Physical Body realm, creating pain, discomfort, affecting body systems/organs currently and over time.
This is also why I zero into the full 8-phases of each Moon cycle – the Moon represents our emotional natures/needs, the Ego-self’s fear of changing emotionally, and how our daily habits may be keeping us in a rut of routine that no longer supports the health of any of our Body’s – Physical, Emotional, Mental or Spiritual.
Now on to the Zodiac signs via the Medical Astrology’s correlation to our Physical Body. To clarify: if you already know your Moon sign, read the following information I list for that sign AND it’s opposite sign too (what Medical Astrology calls “polarity”). This will be the area or areas where your Physical Body can be impacted, emotionally, if you haven’t, or were unable at the time, to walk through strong emotions/trauma held by your Emotional Body. This may also explain WHY that area of your Physical Body may be impacted by unexplained (or long forgotten, or “I thought I already healed that one!”) trauma/pain/imbalances that are currently getting in the way of better health. Here we go:
First off, the MOON rules the following, generally: fertility, bodily fluids, fluid balance, blood-serum, lymph, digestion, stomach, mucous membranes, the cerebellum and the psyche. Here is where, if our Emotional Body is left unattended over time, we can create, within the Physical Body, any of the following: gynaecological disorders, gastric disorders, glandular troubles, ulcers, swellings and depression. Even more critical within a woman’s chart, than a man’s, yet equally true. I also assist women with the timing of their Fertility, monthly, by noting the Moon Phase they were born under. This, along with their ovulation timing, will be key times of best fertility to create a baby every Moon cycle/month.
In this post I am saying illness/disease “perhaps, or may” occur, over LONG periods of TIME if not attended to. In other words, if you deny your feelings, disrespect your Self’s need to cry, express ANY / ALL emotions as they appear along the way of living your life, especially fear, then there is the possibility of manifesting some of the above.
Here in North America with our crazy work schedules and demands upon our time from too many quarters, compared to our European counterparts, the stresses and strains of daily living (and not allowing ME time to compensate for those stresses/strains) means we are impacting our Physical Bodies a lot, and for far too long, before doing something about it. Not to say people living in Europe, or elsewhere in the world, do not undergo similar stresses/strains – we all do. And, I am NOT suggesting anyone WILL manifest any illnesses or diseases – I am suggesting that daily conscious awareness OF and nurturance TO all your feelings/emotions can impact your Physical Body health, over TIME, for the better. To be clear. As you read on, take this information with the lightness of insight it is meant to, for possible connections unmade before now, for you. The impact of emotional turmoil, over long periods of time, creates STRESS that truly does impact the Physical Body.
- Moon in Aries: (Opposite sign is Libra) here Aries rules the Head, cranium, cerebrum (where motor centres of brain regulate all mental/physical activity), face, eyes and nerves. The Libra polarity portion can bring in a secondary influence that includes the kidneys and liver. So, headaches, rashes on the face, mental deficiencies can come into play if you aren’t attending to your Emotional Body’s needs – it may connect to any of these parts of your body, over time. It may seem to manifest “overnight” and leaves you wondering what is going on, seemingly unrelated to anything else you may have been experiencing. Aries is the cardinal Fire element therefore “inflammation/heat” may come into play within the Physical Body. Or rage/anger/impatience….to be dealt with…especially if you aren’t allowing your instinctual need for independence, space for yourself to BE ME. Or disregarding your Soul’s need to pioneer/be a warrior making inroads Within that you’ve not had the courage to take before now.
- Moon in Taurus: (Opposite sign is Scorpio) here Taurus rules the throat, neck, ears, adenoids, tonsils, larynx, cerebellum, thyroid gland (determines consumption/elimination of food) and the respiratory organs. The Scorpio polarity portion can bring in a secondary influence within the sexual/excretory organs or glandular system. Over TIME, a goiter may manifest, or pharyngitis, inflamed tonsils/adenoids, laryngitis [if you aren’t speaking your Truth as you need to], choking fits, sore throats, mumps, disorders of the thyroid gland, heart disease, abdominal disorders, or problems with your teeth. Taurus is the fixed Earth sign, therefore stubbornness, unwilling to change habits, and the organs that bring forth our SENSES (seeing, hearing, breathing) can be impacted. Speak up! Listen to your Inner Self. And remember to BREATHE through these moments of emotional upset…talk it out, pray/meditate it out, listen to your Inner Talk too…what do you VALUE about yourself, feel confident/esteemed of, is key here.
- Moon in Gemini: (Opposite sign is Sagittarius) here Gemini rules the shoulders, arms, hands, lungs, 1st through 4th dorsal vertebrae, central nervous system, and governs the respiratory function. The Sagittarius polarity’s secondary influence can be the thighs and digestive organs. Over Time, you may see pulmonary diseases, asthma, bronchitis, fractures of the arms or legs, nerve troubles/nervous disorders, tuberculosis, or pleurisy or other lung disorders (especially if you smoke). Gemini is a mutable Air sign, therefore, how are you BREATHING, fully, when you experience emotions/feelings? Do you talk about your feelings with anyone? Or do you turn a blind eye to it, hoping it will go away? The lungs may carry the weight of grief too – how well have you honoured the complicated passage of grieving the passing of loved ones? We may MENTALLY deal with it, yet how did we deal with it EMOTIONALLY? Hence the final resting place of your grief impacting the Lungs. Your ability to Breathe Life into yourself as you move forward without your loved ones.
- Moon in Cancer: (Opposite sign is Capricorn) here the MOON rules CANCER, hence why this cardinal Water sign is THE most sensitive Zodiac sign. Cancer rules the chest, stomach, lungs (too!) breasts (mammary glands), sternum, diaphragm, brain coverings (meninges), and the lung and heart processes that sustain the body. The Capricorn polarity’s secondary influence can be knees, bones, tibia and kidneys. Over TIME, perhaps resulting in stomach/digestive disorders, dyspepsia, ulcers, gastric complaints, hiccups, heartburn, failure of peristalsis, under-active lymph glands/disorders of, inebriety, depression or meningitis. Cancer is the cardinal Water sign, signifying WATER (vs. ice or vapour of the other 2 water signs). How are you looking after your Physical Body’s water needs? The lungs cannot work without moisture. We clear our glands of toxins by keeping ourselves hydrated. CRYING clears out EMOTIONAL toxins too, as does a good soak in a hot epsom salt/sea salt bath. Or sauna steam. BEing sensitive does not mean there is something wrong with you! It means you have the ability to ‘see’ others’ pain/suffering more easily than most. What you DO with this ability is up to you – being a sponge and soaking up others’ trauma will overload your own Emotional Body, impacting your Physical Body, over TIME. Intuitive hits of insight, and walking through the emotions (rather than medicating them/escaping from them/denying them) and experiencing ALL of what you feel, is the best medicine. AKA Self-care!
- Moon in Leo: (Opposite sign is Aquarius) here Leo rules the heart, vena cava and coronary arteries, has domain over the Vital energy and circulatory system, the back, and the 5th through 9th dorsal vertebrae. The Aquarius polarity’s secondary influence can be cardia (upper end of the stomach), all blood vessels, disorders of veins, and abdomen. Over TIME, perhaps seeing heart disease, circulatory disorders, anemia, arteriosclerosis, venous diseases, abdominal disorders, impotence, spinal/back trouble, neurosis, or throat trouble. Leo is the fixed Fire sign, so again, possible inflammation/heat within the body. Or anger/rage to be expressed, honourably. Can be resistant to change in habits. Drama King/Queen via projecting the emotions (Drama Triangle of victim/rescuer/bully) vs. consciously being aware and tending to them, felt Within. Interesting way to throw them off and not be responsible for your own feelings.
- Moon in Virgo: (Opposite sign is Pisces) here Virgo rules the abdominal region, digestive juices, spleen, intestinal tract and duodenum, lower lobes of the liver and its function is digestive/assimilative, and the gallbladder. The Pisces polarity of secondary influence may be the pancreas, the feet or toes. Over TIME, there is the possibility of intestinal disorders, peritonitis, diarrhea, constipation, disorders of the liver and gallbladder, intestinal ulcers, malnutrition, diabetes or hypoglycaemia, colitis, diverticulitis, colic or bowel irregularities. Virgo is the mutable Earth sign of processes, especially daily work, being of service to others, and how well we are in service to the health of the Physical Body. Perfectionism is the key lynchpin here – and causing Illness Within gives us an out from having to be at or go to work that we dislike, having issues with co-workers we don’t wish to confront or deal with, etc.
- Having a Pisces Sun AND Virgo Rising (my Opposite sign, impacting my physical body) I share this: several times so far this lifetime, due to FEAR, I have walked upon painful feet, had months’ worth of indigestion/acid reflux (sleepless nights as a result), and when I was OVERWORKING via perfectionistic tendencies in my 20’s, ulcers! Do you see how I correlate what I am NOT dealing with emotionally, that then physically manifests within the body? Over time I have overcome ALL of these maladies – successfully, without medication. How? by walking THROUGH, not running away from nor escaping nor denying, what I was feeling. Fear of the Unknown is key for many of us – and can be SUBTLE (Cancer, Scorpio or Pisces) and insidious at times, until we figure it out! Mentally we may be on board with change – but emotionally, not so much. And vice versa. Seeing a good personal coach, psychologist, or naturopath/alternative health worker or astrologer who believe in psychosomatic disease (how unresolved emotional/mental issues/trauma impact the Physical Body) can all help. And believe me, they and others I attract into my life have helped me immensely to ‘see’ how I sabotage myself (Ego/brain issues of resistance to change) to the nth degree, depending upon the Life Experience I was undergoing at the time. Remember: we are all evolving Beings of Light – we live as long as we do here on Earth to understand our respective processes of conscious awareness, Inner healing, Ego/mind resistance tactics, and how to Love Self better each day, especially by forgiving ourselves and others as we live each day.
- Moon in Libra: (Opposite sign is Aries) here Libra rules the kidneys, suprarenals, bladder, lumbar region of spine, the centre of gravity within the physical body, therefore the regulative and balancing systems of the body. The Aries polarity of secondary influences can be the uterus, the region around the navel, and the head. Over TIME, possible illnesses may be malfunctions of the kidney’s ability to eliminate poisonous waste (toxins) from the body, inflammation of the kidneys, nephritis, lower back pain, oedema, retention of urine, impure blood, poor skin condition via rashes or eczema, nervous disorders, acidosis or Bright’s Disease. Libra is the cardinal Air sign that wants to BE balanced, always. Unending dilemma for Librans. If this balancing act gets too much for them, then sitting on the fence and doing nothing is their go-to place! No decisions, no action, nothing. You cannot make me! Until they feel there is a way forward, without hurting Self and/or Others. Must be a win-win situation for the good of all. So vertigo/dizziness can come into play if they feel they are surrounded by a vortex of emotion (Within or Without) that they are unable to take the time to deal with. BALANCE is necessary for those with the Moon in Libra. Always, in all ways. Less is more.
- Moon in Scorpio: (Opposite sign is Taurus) here Scorpio rules the sexual and excretory organs, bladder, urethra, uterus, testicles, rectum, descending colon, sigmoid flexure and prostate gland, and its functions are eliminative/generative. The Taurus polarity of secondary influences could be via the nose, throat, tonsils or bladder. Over TIME manifesting as prostate gland enlargement, many ailments that stem from malfunctions of the colon or bladder, retention of urine, impure blood, poor skin condition,, rheumatism, nasal polyps, nasal catarrh, throat infections, adenoids, furuncle, haemorrhoids, sexual diseases, operations to do with the sexual organs, venereal diseases, diseases of the womb, cervix, or uterus, menstrual problems, constipation, cystitis, hernias or sterility. Scorpio is that fixed Water sign that can seem like ICE – freezing IN TIME any/all emotions along the way that you don’t want to deal with. Or using that Scorpion stinger to keep others away from you, again to put distance between you and your emotional reality. Trust issues abound. Within and Without. Unless you make peace with your Inner Passionate self, that is SO deeply emotional, psychic, intuitive, insightful. You already KNOW that which your Ego/mind want to run away from and why. Being in denial only prolongs the agony, on so many levels. Trust your Inner Self Wisdom and walk through it all anyway! Trust me…it works…and after ALL I have overcome, so can you!
- Moon in Sagittarius: (Opposite sign is Gemini) here Sagittarius rules the muscular system, thighs, hips, femur, ilium, coccygeal and sacral regions of the spine, lumbar region, sciatic nerves. buttock muscles and great saphenous vein, and the locomotive/supportive systems. The Gemini polarity of secondary influence can mean the shoulders, arms, digestive apparatus, and ability to inhale air. Over TIME could indicate hip disease, rheumatism, sciatica, gout, locomotor disturbances, arteriosclerosis, nervous disorders, impure blood, backache, paralysis, pelvic disruptions, spasms and cramping, or expiration of air. Sagittarius is the mutable Fire sign, signifying possible inflammation/heat within the body, or the anger/rage that comes up when we’re not following our Soul’s Purpose this lifetime. Seeking your Higher Truth is what Sagittarius is all about – how well are you allowing yourself to do so? If not, why not?
- Moon in Capricorn: (Opposite sign is Cancer) here Capricorn rules the skin and bone systems, knees, gallbladder, and the protective/supportive functions of the body. The Cancer polarity of secondary influences can be the chest, stomach or lungs. Over TIME, could mean rheumatism, rashes, eczema and other skin diseases partially caused by the reflex action from the Cancerian stomach, polyarthritis, broken bones, or tuberculosis of the bones/joints. Saturn rules the cardinal Earth sign of Capricorn, therefore the constriction/restriction here from resistance can indeed create accidents that cause broken bones. How many people do you see walk around with broken bones in their feet/legs? Which side? Left or right? Right side of the Physical Body is equated with Moving Forward in life (masculine energy) while the Left side relates to how well we ALLOW ourselves to BE vulnerable, to RECEIVE from Others/the Divine – assistance of all sorts (feminine energy). Capricorn itself is the Mountain Goat deciding whether to plateau out and rest for a while vs. eyeing the next upper slopes of pathways to further Self Growth/success in the world. Resistance is Futile (!) when your Soul is beckoning you Onward and Upward! Our Ego/minds can grit their teeth in resistance (!) and do some damage to our inner supportive systems along the way. We can also do damage by MAKING ourselves move forward when truly we need to sit and contemplate better more intuitive (Cancer side) insights for next steps forward.
- Moon in Aquarius: (Opposite sign is Leo) here Aquarius rules the shins, calves, ankles, tibia, fibula, Achilles tendon, and the circulation system that supplies the body with oxygen via the blood flow. The Leo polarity of secondary influence can bring heart or back or circulation issues to the fore. Over TIME, there could be fractured ankles, dislocations, sprains, cramps of the calf muscle, phlebitis, swollen legs, varicose veins, blood poisoning and diseases, spinal disorders, locomotor disturbances, heart trouble, dropsy, toxaemia, coordination and circulation problems. Aquarius is the fixed Air sign that can hold on tight to anything it fixates upon (via the Ego) to keep the status quo. Even if it brings forth innovation/originality, it can also become STUCK within its own importance. My way or the highway attitude, eh? Aquarius demands we BE our True Authentic Selves. If we are unable to move past our fixedness, then we truncate our Authenticity. Allowing In the Change to include MORE than meets the eye, from Within, will help! Meet your Future Self and see! See also below the information regarding ALL fixed signs.
- Moon in Pisces: (Opposite sign is Virgo) here Pisces rules the feet, toes, calcaneous (heel bone), system of lymph glands and the immune system, and the distilling/discriminative functions of the body. The Virgo polarity of secondary influence may be digestive organs, spleen, nerves, lungs or liver. Pisces is the mutable Water sign of vapour/steam/fog/mists, so water retention (too much water/lymph fluid) or not enough (constipation) come into play. Illusion/delusion vs. imagining the BEST and BETTER for ourselves comes into play here. ALL our addictive behaviours/habits are here too – for escapism from the REALITY of current Life Experience. And that Drama Triangle situation of dealing with emotional life (victim-rescuer-bully) to project onto others that which I do not wish to deal with! Again, from the Old Age of Pisces we lived through how many lifetimes over and over. ‘Tis time to assist your Ego/mind into LETTING GO of the Old, to allow in the Imagination of your Creative Higher Self’s unlimited creative ideas and events to unfold in better ways, Within and Without.
Those of us with a LOT of planets/points/Nodes within the fixed signs (Taurus, Leo, Scorpio and Aquarius) may experience ongoing resistance from our Ego/minds! Might as well find the tools and means to help yourself to heal and resist the Flight or Fight responses of yore…to stay healthy, physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually. We are moving further into the New Age of Aquarius: innovation and technological advances abound. The opposite sign to Aquarius is LEO – heartfully creative with leadership from the heart vs. the Ego/mind. Create an AND with your polar opposites. A win-win in other words.
Having a Fixed Grand Square in my chart – meaning I have planets + North/South Nodes within ALL the fixed signs of the Zodiac – have assisted me to DO resistance first! Ask “How Many Ways Are There to DO Resistance, Laurie Rae?” Let me count the ways….The fixed signs can also reflect deep trauma in the physical body, psyche, and emotional body. From this lifetime or past lives. All fascinating to uncover/discover, over Time, and Astrology can help.
I invite you to read ALL the Moon signs and their polarities – I have shared more information within certain segments due to personal experience. I am living proof that yes, Virginia, we can self-heal to a certain extent. Especially when we connect emotionally and mentally Within our Self to ‘see’ what we are feeling and why. Ask, look, listen, forgive Self and Others, then move on. Heal and Be Healed. Know that You are a creative evolving Soul of unrealized/unlimited potential, every single moment. Take time to BE With Your Self, Within Your Self, and With Your Higher Self. She/He will always be there to help you towards your next baby step forward. Always, in all ways. Connect with ALL your Bodies! Each one is as important as the rest – similar to that Spider’s Web of the Endocrine glandular system. Listen to yourself, on all levels.
Medical Astrology information gleaned from: “The History and Practice of Astro-Medicine” by Reinhold Ebertin, “Astrology as a Healing Art”, by A.T. Mann and other sources over Time.
Posted by: Laurie Rae Rezanoff, Intuitive Spiritual Astrologer | Teacher | Writer | Speaker
Photo Credits: Laurie Rae Rezanoff September 2016, includes August 18 Lunar Eclipse Full Moon