Initiating something NEW (Cardinal) and with Illumination (Full Moon) intuition, feeling, and sensitivity (Cancer). The Moon rules the cardinal sign of Cancer – therefore highly sensitive feelings being dealt with during the Full Moon phase which begins at 4:35a MST January 12th and lasts until the Disseminating Moon phase, January 15th at 4:48p MST.
The coordinates for this first Full Moon of 2017: 22 degrees Cancer 27′ – where does this reside within your birth chart? Here is where the Full Moon reflects the unconscious desires of the Soul (Sun) – what are yours?
Cancer themes, as a cardinal water sign, bring the following:
- Family: Mom, mothering, nurturance experienced as a child and how you seek it now. The relationship you have currently with your Mother – or what you may miss right now because she has passed over. Whatever the situation, know that this phase will be highly sensitive for everyone involved. All conversation, however heartfully meant, may still be misconstrued in some way. Be aware of HOW you communicate your needs at this time. And perhaps there is a message you wish to send to the loved ones passed on – do so if it is what you need for yourself at this time. How does your Home environment, now, bring forth feelings from your home of origin? Is something missing now that needs to be revisited and brought back up to the surface, into the Now?
- Possessiveness/Neediness: the Shadow side of Cancer – holding onto someone or something far longer than necessary – prevents others from moving on with their own life. And prevents you from moving on with your own. This can also come about as co-dependent relationships – being overly needy – leaning on others rather than standing up for yourself, within your own life.
- Emotional Needs: how well do you listen to your feelings? When you notice them, what is your first reaction? Run and hide from them? Feel them? Walk through them, no matter their intensity? Distract yourself with food, TV, online games, any addictions? This is avoidance of feeling that which we are meant to feel – deeply, widely, heartfully. Humans must learn to feel it all – it is our destiny, our reason for being here on Earth. The more we run away from these feelings and emotions, the less we are being authentically Self. Being compassionate and showing empathy goes a long way to connecting with someone who feels vulnerable at this time – including yourself!
- Children: the ability to conceive, to carry a child to term, to give birth – to someone or something – you feel strongly about! Nurturance comes forth here again too. How do you nurture your Inner Child Self? Do you hug yourself, daily? Love Thyself As Thy Neighbour…take care of Self first, then others in your life. Most important to do so.
- Physically, Cancer Rules: the breasts and chest cavity, the pancreas, the stomach, stomach gas and ulcers, and tumours. According to TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) the element of Earth, ruled by Saturn, governs the Spleen, Stomach, and Pancreas. We affect these organs by overthinking things or not liking new ways of doing our life. The Development Stage here is TRANSFORMATION. So if you worry, or “find it difficult ‘digesting new ideas’ there will be issues with your blood sugar, digestion, and being ANGRY at this time. Are you misplacing your faith in your own ability to control the physical world around you? The Pancreas has a dual function (both an Exocrine and Endocrine gland) hence reflects the duality of the physical Universe – the ability to digest ideas AND to extract that which is not only sweet, but Life sustaining too” [compassionatedragon.com]. What is it you need that sustains you? Do you know what it is? What will this Full Moon Illuminate for you in this regard?
The planetary players within the Cardinal Grand Square formation during this Full Moon phase, creating stress and tension Within to assist us to create CHANGE in our respective lives, are:
- Full Moon at 22 degrees Cancer 28′: bringing forth all of the above mentioned themes. This is our Emotional Body’s connection and daily habits we’ve formed.
- Sitting opposite, the Sun at 22 degrees Capricorn 27′: here the unconscious desires of our respective Souls are being Illuminated. Think back to December 28th’s New Moon in Capricorn – what was hidden within the Darkness of your Ego-Self that now has emerged into the Light of this Full Moon? What was it your Ego-Self was so afraid of to be known by you, consciously, before now? Capricorn rules how we DO material gain in our lives, the goals we set for the long-term, our reputation within our careers, and being ruled by Saturn – all the responsibilities we’ve gathered for us to be busy with. Is it time to let go of some of those responsibilities? Have your goals in fact changed? Within the Full Moon – the Moon’s emotional nature can be polarized with the Sun’s active nature, creating a push-pull situation – and more stress Within! Do I feel or do I act? How about learning to do BOTH? Create an ‘AND’ here – feel your feelings, listen to your intuition AND then take the action your Soul seeks! And Pluto is near to the Sun for this Full Moon – bringing forth any/all issues of power and control. The key here is EMPOWERMENT – for all parties involved. A win-win situation, heartfully.
- Squaring to both the Moon and the Sun is Jupiter at 22 degrees Libra 11′: Since September 10, 2016, Jupiter has been expanding our boundaries within the realms of partnerships and relationships. Making it LOUD and clear what is MISSING in your life at this time. The last time Jupiter was in Libra – September 2004 until near the end of October, 2005 – what was going on within your partnerships and relationships at that time? 12 years later (one complete cycle of Jupiter) you may find those same issues of moving beyond restrictive boundaries you unconsciously set for yourself are coming forth once more. Or, perhaps you already made the changes since then? How many of you married in 2004/05 or found ‘the love of your life’? Is he/she still in your life? Or are you seeking that love, yet? Or have you lost that love? Grief is the process of coping with ALL human emotions seemingly occurring all at once! It can be overwhelming, all-consuming, and ongoing (when will it all stop and be over?). A person doesn’t have to die for us to grieve their absence in our life. Whatever is leftover from any past relationship or partnership needs to be healed, now.
- In opposition to Jupiter, and squaring to both the Moon and the Sun, is Eris at 22 degrees of Aries 32′: partnered closely by Uranus at 20 degrees Aries 39′ and Ceres at 24 degrees Aries 28′! Talk about a vanguard here – Eris has been systematically assisting us with gender re-balancing – empowerment for both genders, equally. Hence all the wars going on in in the world since Eris entered Aries in 1925! Equality of the feminine and the masculine is riddled with complex machinations. Uranus brings forth innovation and Unexpectedness, while Ceres asks for nurturance, end of. Since WWI women have slowly been taking their power back, in the workplace, creating discord and imbalance at home because SHE isn’t staying home anymore! Look at the transformation WORK has taken since 1925, and the almighty Dollar, and Careers are not just for men! How are we doing today? Aries brings forth the Spiritual Warrior – asserting ourselves, no matter the gender, to BE seen and heard. Aries brings forth the Pioneer and the courage to BE unique in our respective worlds. How are YOU doing with all of this? What massive changes have you undergone, especially since 2012’s connection of Eris with Pluto and Uranus? Talk about transformation. How independent are you, truly, today? Is it more inter-dependent? Intra-dependent? Or still co-dependent? Hhhmmm…
So what’s the bottom line here folks? Emotional sensitivity + feeling those feelings and emotions + taking time to listen to your intuitive insights of next steps forward so that your Sun/Soul self can take that Action into the Light of this Full Moon. To create NEW CHANGE within your life! All four cardinal signs, therefore the cardinal points of the chart, are being affected here: Self + Home + Relationships/Partnerships + Career.
Jupiter wants you to expand OUT of bounds into new relationships and partnerships. Ceres and Eris and Uranus continue to call to us for greater self-nurturance AND equality AND allowing our true authentic selves to BE seen and heard! Pluto continues to transform our ongoing battle with power and control (!!) be it with our Ego-self, our partners/friends, neighbours, family members – whomever shows up to show us what it is that we are still hanging onto, from the Darkness Within, that needs to be healed, to grow and evolve into more loving, accepting, compassionate and empathetic BEings aka human beings!
Blessed BE and Namaste!
Posted by: Laurie Rae Rezanoff, Astrologer | Teacher | Writer | Speaker
Photo Credits: Laurie Rae Rezanoff 2016/2017