It’s been a month since I last wrote a post. We all needed to pause, reflect and re-balance ourselves and our lives during the previous New Moon in Libra September 30 – October 29th. How did you do? What decisions did you make? Conversations/connections made? Are you satisfied with where you are, now? Did you gain equilibrium in some regard?
Today’s New Moon occurred at 11:39 a.m. MDT with both the Moon and Sun connecting at 07 degrees Scorpio 44′ AND Mercury holding hands at 09 degrees Scorpio 41. Cool! Our minds will be connecting in a deep-seated way this Moon cycle too! More awareness re: your fears and resistance to change. Emotionally – Scorpio is the Ice version of Astrological water signs, and the most private sign in the Zodiac. Hhhhmmm….Mercury will change that! Talk talk talk…including Self-Talk!
Pluto rules Scorpio, therefore rules this Moon cycle. Expect deep transformative changes, emotionally, perhaps right down to those deep-seated roots you’ve been hanging onto, unconsciously/subconsciously so. Currently, Pluto and Mars have been dancing together within the cardinal earth sign of Capricorn since October 15th, bringing forth Action (Mars) and transformation of the need to CONTROL things (Pluto) and their outcomes, as it relates to material gain (Capricorn), reputation, long-term goal-setting. If you needed to sip from the Cup of Courage to Take Action whilst also walking through feeling those deep-seated fears (!!) yay you! How does life look today, after having done so?
Scorpio rules the following areas of our respective lives (check out where in your charts the Sun is shining a Light into the Inner Darkness + the Moon brings up emotional issues to be healed + Mercury culling out thoughts/study/conversations to be had about ALL of this):
- Fears – anything or everything – be consciously aware of these fears as this Moon cycle progresses. The days are shorter, the nights longer, darkness embraces us, preparing everyone for the Winter’s hibernation phase. All the flower beds and growing things are either dead or dying. Nature is preparing to sleep, slumbering within deep dreams of what GREW well this past year, what DIED, and what needs MORE NURTURANCE in the weeks and months to come. How aware are you of those deep-seated fears of yours? And, do you want to DO something about them?
- Passions – emotional transformation brings forth renewed passion for living your life. Wherever Scorpio resides in your chart is where you’ve required renewal of passion. I have most of Scorpio in my 3rd House of Communication, Learning, Self-Talk, Siblings, Short-distance Travel and the Local Peeps I interact with on a daily basis. Hitting the Pause Button for the previous Moon cycle, for me, regained my passion for writing, and Astrology. What’s yours? Do you know what it is? If not, perhaps it will reveal itself deep within you this Moon cycle.
- Investigation/Research abilities – yes Scorpio likes to dive deeply into any subject – to the nth degree! I can attest to this! Ask my clients and students! Here we decide where in our lives we need MORE – information, conversation, inner investigation – MORE and DEEP and perhaps within wells of emotion we were afraid to tunnel down into until this Moon cycle! Yes it is dark down there, yes there is fear to go where you haven’t gone before. FEEL those feelings – ask them what messages they bring for your conscious awareness. Walk through them. Investigate further by ASKING them. Truly – it works!
- Intuition/psychic insights – we all have these abilities. Today’s client told me, “I don’t have those abilities.” I had to disagree – her natal Jupiter in Scorpio tells me otherwise. When we fear to BE sensitive (aka embrace our true and deepest feelings) with ourselves, we can shut down, emotionally and intuitively. Scorpio is the Ice Queen – frozen waterfalls and/or oceans of emotions, frozen In Time (as in earlier this lifetime and/or past lives!) that over Time, can manifest as PAIN or some other resistance within the physical body! Believe it! Hence why I suggest everyone TALK to your Feelings – TALK to your Pain! Mercury is here to help all of us with this ability this Moon cycle. Then LISTEN for the insights/symbols/signs that come your way for further guidance, next steps to take, etc. Yes. You. CAN.
- Sexuality – yes more taboo subjects, especially here in North America, and how’s that working for you so far? Take another sip of Courage to have that conversation with your significant other, or your Doctor, or with yourself (!) about these natural human needs. If it’s been a long while since you last embraced your sexuality, this Moon cycle will bring forth the feelings that you may have ignored, for whatever reason. As humans, no matter how we resist it, change is all around us. Our sexual needs can change too – over time. Remember that Ice Queen analogy? How many of you, men and women, have put your sexual needs ‘on ice’?! Is it time for a thaw? Think about it, feel the deep-seated, natural passionate feelings/needs – then decide on what ‘needs to change’ and go about asking for it! Do it!
- Power and Control Issues – yes, our societies, worldwide, seem to collectively struggle with this more and more. The heat of it has been turned way up. The upcoming US Election has been showing all of us where these issues lie – talk about LOUD and in our face! As Within, So Without. How do you deal with crisis? Do you run away, hide, or deal with it face on? Pluto, ruler of Scorpio, helps us transform our need to CONTROL our outer world, to the nth degree, tearing down those emotional walls or dams we’ve built up this lifetime (or brought with us, unresolved, from past lives, to deal with now). The thicker those walls or deeper those dams, the MORE we need to pay attention, turn on our Inner Listener, and FEEL what needs to be felt. Your feelings are there to get your attention! They are there for a reason! Listen. Feel. Then decide, “What do I wish to DO about them?” Ignoring them only makes it all the more LOUDER…over Time. How much LOUDER does it have to BE? Use this Moon cycle’s energies and planetary players to HELP you move through YOUR process! Find out what YOUR process is. All of this will lead to EMPOWERMENT – creating a win-win for you, with you and others.
- Financial Partnerships – the debt you may owe, the money you hold with bankers, the income you receive from your employer (or yourself if self-employed), taxes owed, money shared with business partners/marriage partners. How are you dealing with all of this? Hiding? Showing up? Combination of the two? Do you open all the envelopes/emails that bring your statements? If not, what are you afraid of and not dealing with? What emotions come up for you re: MONEY? Is it highly charged with fear? Why? Use the Scorpion investigative skill to drill down to the roots of this subject. FEEL your way down into that pool of Money Fears. What does it look like? Feel like? How do you want to transform this feeling? “What will it take for me to feel JOY about Money?” Say this over and over – what will it take? Honestly. Christie Marie Sheldon’s “Love and Above” series re: our blocks to Abundance is incredible. It works – truly – therefore NOT for the faint of heart! Check out her YouTube videos, then check Within yourself, “Is this course for me?”
- PHYSICALLY – Scorpio rules all those hidden parts of the body – sexual organs, elimination organs, PMS and menstruation, and sexual diseases. If you need to see your Doctor for that yearly exam you’ve been putting off – do it! Or chat with your new sexual partner about their sexual history – all part of that investigative skill that is Scorpio. Move beyond the frozen waterfall of Fear. BE transformed and Empowered by talking about it all, understanding comes forth, and whew! What a relief! Honestly. Here, again, we can hold onto past emotional hurts/trauma that can impact us physically. Do your due diligence – love yourself, respect your body, and TALK about it!
November 2nd, during the New Moon phase of initiating the NEW this Moon cycle, Venus connects with the Moon at 19 degrees of Sagittarius. Here She regains her breastplate and COMPASSION, via the Heart Chakra. All within 8 degrees of the Galactic Centre too! So some Cosmic Compassion this way comes – opening our Hearts to MORE LOVE, compassion and forgiveness – to/for Self and Others. Think back to December 7, 2015 when you REMOVED this breastplate/compassion via Venus’ journey of descent into the Underworld. What were you undergoing at that time, emotionally? Now see yourself, and your life, today. What needed to DIE within you back then, to be healed, that you are now fully embracing With Love? Cool, eh? Do you ‘see’ your Inner progress, hearfully? THIS is how Astrology supports Inner Evolution! As we evolve Within, our world evolves Without.
Remember this: each New Moon cycle brings forth a NEW cycle of emotional evolution, Within. The theme changes due to the sign both the Moon and Sun reside together in. By the Full Moon phase we are Illuminated with Inner understanding as to what was struggling, from Within, OUT of our Inner Darkness, to be brought forth INTO the Light of Love, Understanding, Compassion and Forgiveness. We all do this, consciously or otherwise, every Moon cycle. How I Love Astrology!
If you are ready, willing and want to explore your birth chart, to ‘see’ your Inner You more closely, give me a call! In Calgary, Alberta Canada: 1-587-353-8085 or via email: RainbowsAstro ‘at’ shaw.ca – I look forward to your call and your willingness to deeply explore that which you’ve been afraid to embrace, and evolve from, before now.
Posted by: Laurie Rae Rezanoff, Intuitive Spiritual Astrologer | Teacher | Writer | Speaker
Photo Credits: taken by Laurie Rae Rezanoff or from Google Images